|Intersession provides an alternative to concurrent enrollment in adult school and other alternative credit recovery options and is a means to repeat classes in which a student earned a grade of "D" or "F". The classes are web-based and can be accessed at home. All password protected exams must be taken before or after school in the iGranada Program with the support provided by a GHCHS advisor. The Program is available for students during his/her assigned day and when there is space available before school Monday-Friday from 7:30 to 8:20 a.m. and after school Monday-Friday from 3:20 to 4:30 p.m. Only students actively enrolled in Granada Hills Charter High School are eligible to take courses in this Intersession program. All courses are NCAA approved. To take a course, both parents and students must complete and sign the Intersession Contract which is only available from the student's counselor.
Students must complete a rigorous Common Core aligned course of study that meets college preparatory requirements within a designated time frame. Students may not test out of any portion of the course. Students must complete one course before being assigned a second course. Both the web-based teachers and on-site advisors have interaction with students for the purpose of teaching, evaluating, providing feedback, and offering assistance. Communication between students and the online teachers is done through e-mail. All password protected exams must be taken on-site in the iGranada Program under the supervision of an iGranada Program advisor. Failure to complete the course with a satisfactory grade within the allotted time will result in a grade of fail. All grades are recorded on the student's GHCHS transcript and are determined as courses completed.
Students enter the GHCHS Intersession Program voluntarily and must agree to complete all work and take all password protected exams on or before their cycle end date.
A GHCHS student email account is required for participation in the program. To start a class, students must follow the instructions provided in their student email.
Student and parents must agree to the following:
- The Intersession Program is a blended online program and I must complete 100% of the work to earn credit.
- The Intersession Program is available for Intersession students when there is space available from: 7:30-8:20 a.m. Monday-Friday, and after school from 3:20-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Before attending my first class, my parent/guardian will review online protocols and expectations at http://accelerateeducation.com/toolbox/mentor.htm
- I must start the class within ONE day of receiving the enrollment email which will include my assigned day of attendance.
- If I do not attend on my assigned day, I will be dropped from the course and may not have access to additional courses until the spring semester.
- It is recommended that I complete 13-20 percent of the on-line work per week dependent upon the enrollment day.
- I must work from home, in addition to my assigned day, to complete the work. I will take ALL password protected exams in the iGranada Program.
- If I miss my assigned day, I must make it up during that same week.
- I must complete one course in full before I can be approved for another course.
- I must communicate with the advisor by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or during the class time provided.
- I MUST COMPLETE 100% OF MY ASSIGNED CLASS WITH A SATISFACTORY GRADE ON OR BEFORE THE COURSE'S END DATE.
- ALL GRADES EARNED IN INTERSESSION ARE PERMANENT GRADES AND WILL BE PART OF GHCHS THE TRANSCRIPT/PERMANENT RECORDS.
- GRADES CANNOT BE CHANGED OR CONTESTED AFTER ONE WEEK FOLLOWING THE END OF EACH CYCLE.