Welcome to Granada Hills Charter High School College & Career Office
Ms. Jennifer Noble (A- Gri)
ext. 354, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Lisa Chung (Gu- Par)
ext. 380, email@example.com
Ms. Dionne Rader (Pat- Simone)
ext. 377, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Erin Kim (Simonof- Z)
ext. 377, email@example.com
College/Career Office Assistant
ext. 378 , firstname.lastname@example.org
CEEB Code 051088
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
News & Updates
Upcoming College Visits
Please sign-up through Naviance. You must print out the confirmation page and bring it to the College office on the day of the college visit with your teacher's signature. You will NOT be allowed to attend the visit unless your teacher for that period has signed the confirmation page.
Santa Monica College- Friday, March 31, Period 1
St. Francis College- Wednesday, April 19, Period 1
Upcoming Career Speakers
Aerojet Rocketdyne Engineers- Monday, March 27, Period 5
Engineers from Aerojet Rocketdyne will have a panel discussion to answer questions about careers in engineering, paths to take in college, and more. Students will have time near the end of the period to speak individually with the presenters.
Mock Group Interview Workshops
Please sign-up through Naviance.
Tuesdays, March 21 and 28, 2017
Pierce College Placement Tests
Please sign-up through Naviance.
Mondays, March 20 and March 27
8:30 am-11:30 pm
1) A photo ID such as a driver's license or school ID
2) Pierce College student ID number
1) March 2, 2017- FAFSA or CAL Dream Act applications are due
2) Update "Colleges I'm Applying To"- Indicated which colleges you submitted applications to and which you were accepted to.
3) Add your scholarship winnings to your Naviance account- Instructions for Adding Scholarship Winnings to Naviance.pdf
4) View your Cal Grant award- Submit your FAFSA (allow up to 2 weeks for processing) and log in at WebGrants for Students.
5) Don’t forget to send your SAT/ACT scores to colleges.
Please check with each of your schools, and send scores accordingly.
- SAT to UCs: Sending a score report to one UC will allow all UCs to access that SAT score report.
- SAT to CSUs: Sending a score report to the option "3594 - CSU Mentor - Long Beach" will allow all CSU campuses access to that SAT score report. Note that "CSU Mentor - Long Beach" is where the CSU's Office of the Chancellor is located and should not be confused with the CSU campus at Long Beach.
- ACT to UCs: Sending a score report to one UC will allow access for all UCs to that score report.
- ACT to CSUs: If you have listed one CSU campus as an ACT score report recipient, you can use the ACT Scores Manager within your CSU Mentor account to release your score to additional campuses. Before you can use the ACT Scores Manager, you must first have arranged for your ACT scores to be sent to one CSU campus.
Click here to find out which colleges utilize the SAT Subject Tests
99% of Granada's graduates are accepted to two and four-year colleges and universities, at public and private institutions across the country. Assisting our students in their college preparations is a dedicated College Office staff.
All students are encouraged be frequent visitors to the College & Career Office.
Our College Office Staff:
- Meets with students and parents to provide individualized college and career planning and support
- Provides workshops covering all aspects of the college planning and admissions process
- Conducts college planning presentations for all 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grade students and parents
- Hosts an annual College and Career Fair with representatives from more than 100 different colleges and companies
- Hosts daytime visits from approximately 100 individual colleges during fall semester
- Facilitates college and career planning using the online program Naviance
- Communicates to all students and parents via email regarding important deadlines, workshops, ACT and SAT test prep, college visits and field trips, and scholarships
- Provides regular scholarship and financial aid information, including FAFSA and Cal Grant
- Distributes current information on upcoming testing dates and requirements
- Sponsors tours to college campuses in the Southern California area for 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grades
- Maintains an extensive library of informational material, test preparation materials and more